Technical Community Manager and Evangelist
- Join the world’s leading load testing company
- Work with fun, smart, entrepreneurial team
- Talk, blog, Tweet and post in developer, Dev/Ops and IT communities
This is a great opportunity for a technical evangelist to live, breathe and talk about the latest in performance testing and monitoring technologies, on behalf of the largest load testing company - Load Impact!
You are likely a computer science major entering your third or fourth year of a computer science program and are looking for a fun, relevant and flexible part-time job.
What you’ll do:
As our Technical Community Manager you’ll be a hands on community evangelist and technical contributor in the developer, Dev/Ops and IT communities. You will engage with internal teams and external community leaders/members to develop content and educate others on the latest in performance and monitoring tools and strategies, as well as new Load Impact products and services.
- As a developer yourself, you will be the conduit between the developer communities and Load Impact, helping to drive innovation in product development and problem solving.
- You will create and curate content including blogs, Tweets, forums, wiki’s, etc. The best part? You get to do and talk about what you love, while being part of an awesome team!
- Use your knowledge of IT and developer communities to drive the Load Impact community engagement strategy
- Develop, manage and curate community technical content
- Track and participate in conversations in the DevOps, Cloud, web developer and IT communities
- Cultivate customer/community feedback, thereby influencing the product roadmap
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in performance management and cloud services industry
- Share articles from key industry players and developers locally and abroad
- Collaborate with other Load Impact specialists such as marketing, sales, support and tech to provide technical assistance, training and content as needed
- Track Load Impact product releases and updates, showcase relevant Load Impact case studies, post articles and comments in communities like Spiceworks, Rackspace, Jenkins, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, etc.
- Act as a brand ambassador by ensuring consistency of brand messaging, tone, and voice across all social media and social coding platforms
- Play a key role in driving meaningful user growth and brand engagement that will build and strengthen the Load Impact ecosystem and relationships with key communities
What you’ll bring:
We want a practitioner, a participant, an evangelist. You live, breathe, talk and connect with people in the Dev/Ops, IT and developer communities.
- Previous/current life as a developer and ideally have some experience with performance management tools
- Ability to work directly with current and prospective customers and are commited to their success
- Interest in driving technical community strategies - community management, community participation and social engagement
- Ability to lead and drive technical conversations online
- Interest in developing and/or managing unconferences, meetup’s, word-of-mouth campaigns and blogger outreach programs
- Record in building great relationships with audiences through technical content, innovation and social media engagement
- Demonstrably superb communication skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Speak and write english perfectly (preferably native English)
- Already a participant in the Developer / DevOps / OpenSource / Cloud communities
- Experience and/or comfort in developing training in complex technical tasks and skills
- Awesomeness and enthusiasm trumps all other requirements
Location: anywhere you are! But preferably San Francisco or Stockholm.
About Load Impact:
Load Impact’s on-demand services detect, predict, and analyze performance problems – providing the information businesses need to proactively optimize their websites, apps and APIs for customers.
With its roots in work for NASDAQ and the European Space Agency, the Stockholm-based company has been redefining load testing since 2011 by making it cost-effective, instantly available, automated, and very easy to use.
Our mission is to enable all online businesses – regardless of size, budget or technical proficiency – to know what it will take to satisfy customer demand now, and in the future.
How to apply:
Send your CV and possibility your transcript to email@example.com. In lieu of cover letter, please send a one-pager with three examples of relevant Tweets you would send, and two relevant community forum posts/comments you would make (include the original post/comment you’re building off of).